Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gotta blog about it so I don't forget!

I have to put a couple things down that I do NOT want to forget about my children.

Conversation between Clare and I about her Aunt Josiah, (at 11pm at night)

Clare: Where is Aunt Josiah, why isn't she with Grammy and Pwampa anymore?
Me: Aunt Josiah is in school now, she is learning to be a Chiropractor!
Clare: OH! Like Doctor Hanson?!
Me: Yeah! Just like Doctor Hanson!
Clare: *long pause* Mom, my Aunt Josiah is kind of a big deal.
Me: Yes *silent laugh*

Clare and Paul are both obsessed with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYJw8xTb8ns this song. When I say obsessed that really doesnt touch on the subject. Paul literally will scream "JESUS" the second he hears we are leaving...yes, he starts screaming BEFORE we even walk out the door for a song he will hear when he is in the car. Once in the car, we have to start the song immediately for him otherwise a tantrum could happen. Listen to the first few seconds of the song as this is what we hear from our kids...
Who do you belong to? Clare: JESUS! Paul: DEEDUS! Who? Clare: JESUS! Paul: DEEEEDDUS! Well its about time you told me...one two three four... Clare: One, Two, Three, Four...Jesus! Bible! Whoo hoo. Paul: Two Two Two DEDUS! I Dong dong Dedus! (I belong to Jesus).
Needless to say, Josh and I are getting a little sick of this song but Clare and Paul LOVE it. They sing the above beginning part back and forth to each other from their beds at night.

Paul is talking so much and is still obsessed with Airplanes and Pumpkins. Everything he says he has a cute little enthusiastic tone and when we repeat it back to him he will say "YAHH!"

When Paul wants to be held he will say "Hold me" which is funny because Clare still says "Hold you" when she wants to be held.

Paul also identifies family members quite well, he calls me Mommy or Hunny and Josh, Daddy. He calls Anna "Neeanna" and Grammy "Grammy" and Grampa "DayDah" he calls Clare "Care".

Paul sleeps with a giraffe named "gaffy" and one of Clare's babies named "China baby" and a frog stuffed animal that Great Aunt Stephanie bought him named "Goggy" and he sleeps with a wonderful blanket.
Clare still sleeps with "Puppy" and about a million dolls or babies. She also sleeps with her Paci which I am not even researching when to take that away because she loves it in bed and I have already tried to take it away once, but she found one she had lost about 2 weeks later and it messed the whole operation up...so Clare still takes a paci but only in her bed (mostly).

Clare is VERY involved with everything I do during the day, folding clothes, sweeping, vacuuming is a favorite, and if I am in the kitchen, Clare is in there in a SECOND with her purple stool "helping me" which has taught me even more patience because when you have a 2 year old following you around all day "helping" it actually makes everything take 3 times longer! Bless her little heart.

Clare HATES her hair being brushed so much that she will scream at the top of her lungs through the whole process. She also hates it being washed. I am considering cutting it, but I really love her curls. Her hair is really long, even though it doesnt look like it with all her ringlets.

Clare crawls into bed with Josh and I almost every night between 3 and 4 AM and takes over the bed, but it is kinda cute to hear her tell Josh to stop snoring or move over...she is pretty assertive (just like me).

Paul more recently has been waking up at night, and we have been pulling him into bed with us as well, which has been so sweet because he lays SO still, like he is afraid if he moves we will put him back to bed. He sings all his little songs he knows and points at our fan and says "Oh, Fwan" about a million times.

Clare is OBSESSED with hands and feet (yeah kinda weird) she acts like they are little puppies or something, so right now, while I am typing she keeps grabbing my pinky and talking to it...a little weird.

We can't wait for baby J to get here and Clare and Paul play with the baby clothes all the time. My friend Kelsee very generously bought Baby J a bunch of new outfits for his first year of life and they are so sweet. Josh and I have really been blessed with all the hand me downs and new clothes various people have given us.

Ahh that is all I can think of for them right now and they are both crawling all over me so I need to get off the computer and get going. We are carving pumpkins tonight with Daddy and this afternoon I will be working with Clare on riding her bike during Paul's nap.

This post really was more for me to remember later on and to show them when they are older...I use this blog instead of a baby album :/ Going to be a good day, Clare and Paul have just gotten over their little colds (Vit D3 and Dr. Hanson are my best friend when my kids are sick).

Keep up with the blog for NEW fall pics that we took at the pumpkin patch....oooohhh which reminds me of another funny thing Clare said...

We walked into the corn maze and Clare said "Well, lets go find us some tigers in this big corn field"...fyi, we looked but only heard them here and there...didnt actually get to see the tigers...much to Clare's disapointment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment