Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hinkle fall 2010











Lots happening for our family recently!
Josh has been working so hard at Braums and his hard work has been noticed by corporate! Josh closed the store he managed in Del City and after only being a Manager for a month, corporate has asked him to train a new manager at a really high volume store. We really are encouraged by this company and how they treat their employees. I am so proud of him.

Clare is getting SO tall, she is way to tall for 2t and 3t which is kinda annoying, because we have yet to find jeans that fit her and I am a jeans girl myself so for Clare I have bought her mostly leggings and skirts and dresses which sometimes are a little short :/ So for Christmas- please relatives, you might steer clear from buying her clothes... :) Clare sings allllll the time and not kid songs at all, although she does memorize all the words to our Kids worship CD her preferred music of choice is Dennis Jernigan specifically "I belong to Jesus", she knows every word and sings very enthusiastically to this song especially. She also tends to throw in a couple "JESUS!" shouts in between and "whoo hoos". Pretty sure she picked this up from Grammy Jan and Pwampa. Clare is of course still extremely stubborn and Josh and I spend a lot of time praying and talking about the best way to handle her, she literally will not be comforted when she is in trouble, been hurt or is scared. We are kinda thinking that perhaps our *Cry it out* method we used when she was younger might be the reason for this, so we are regretting the decision to ever let her cry it out and will continue more *Attachement Parenting* methods with Paul and this next baby. We shall see. It hurts our hearts to watch her cry for any reason and not let us pick her up. We just arent the parents to ignore this behavior...prayers requested for this particular area in our life. On the other side of things, Clare can say the absolute cutest things and I really spend a lot of the day laughing because she takes after me so much with what she says and how she says it. "Seriously" and "Oh my word". Clare is definitely our beautiful girl from heaven and we enjoy her every day so much!

Paul is now 18 months old and has so much personality. He repeats everything we ask him to and is definitely talking, he tells us when he has gone potty, when he is hungry and what he wants to eat, he points at everything and lists off what it is and what color it is. He is obsessed with airplanes, helicopters and pumpkins. He is so coordinated and jumps off of everything and loves to dance. More recently we have noticed him singing a long with "I belong to Jesus". We have moved around the carseats in the car in preparation for baby in December. Clare is sitting in the middle seat with the baby carseat and Paul is in the way back which makes me a little nervous but I also dont trust him right next to the baby. He seems to enjoy the view from the back seat. Paul is a momma's boy and does not like it when I have to leave ever which is pretty sad, he isnt clingy, he just doesnt like it when I leave him. He also is pretty sad to see Josh go to work everyday (6 days per week) Paul runs around frantically trying to get his boots on and yelling "Bye Bye, I GOOO I GO!" this routine happens every day, Paul gets his boots on and is ready to go about 10 minutes after Josh has already left. Pretty sad. Paul is also very tall but a bit easier to buy for, he is in 24 month sizes currently. He loves his jeans and tshirts. He wasnt a fan of the TUX I made him wear for pics last week.

Me and baby! I am good, just awkward feeling and tired. I get a bit stir crazy with Josh's schedule, but that seems to be smoothing out a bit. I have gained FAR to much weight with this pregnancy and I am so grateful I am tall because I think I hold it pretty well and still am mostly belly. The gym has been hard to get to with Josh's schedule, but we have really made it a priority for me to get to the gym and that help tremendously with my attitude towards EVERYTHING. Baby is kicking away and his heartbeat stays consistantly at 160 (right about where Paul's was) We are so excited to see this guy in December. Josh of course is hoping for a black haired, brown eyed baby and I am hoping for a blonde haired, blue eyed baby. I am guessing the baby will look JUST like Clare and Paul. The doc thinks he will be pretty big and I have consistantly measured the same way I did for both Paul and Clare (3 to 4 weeks ahead). Depending on our finances and how much we have saved and paid in debt, we are considering a home birth or a birth at a birthing center. Big leaps for us :)

Anyways, I hardly ever write that much, but I am bored today and just hanging outside with Clare enjoying the weather. I need to go thaw out some meat for dinner. Enjoy the below pics of the kids at the pumpkin patch taken by our dear friend Jonathan Decker. More to come next week!

Blessings,

Mandy




1 comment:

  1. Braylon just turned 2 and he is a HUGE mama's boy. It's cute but sometimes drives my mom nuts haha. He also loves to go on car rides and whenever me or my sister leave the house, we either have to to do it quietly or not say the words "go" or "bye" around him. He hates getting left behind and cries when we leave. It just breaks my heart, but at the same time I feel so love :)

    Glad to hear you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete